The Caldwell Cottage was the first house built in Williamsfield, constructed in 1888 south of the train tracks for the Santa Fe station agent. It was moved to its current location and had a bedroom added when the railroad built a depot. The house, which is still standing today, was donated to the town by surviving members of the Caldwell family and restored by efforts of the Spoon River Chapter of NSDAR. Friends of Caldwell Cottage are refurbishing and cataloguing the many gifts which have been presented to the Cottage.
In 2018, a piece of Williamsfield history and legend was preserved when a monument was dedicated in honor of all children buried in unmarked graves as well as the Pine Street babies.